Swing Like Moe Golf Forum
Swing Like Moe Golf Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Club House
 1. Moe's Pub
 Witty phrases
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pipelinejoe

USA
629 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2003 :  23:36:00  Show Profile Send Pipelinejoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sometimes sports casters say some pretty funny or witty things. Here are a couple of my favorites that stuck with me.

Baseball term. Chin Music
Chris Berman when a Pitcher made a diving catch yells "And the Russian Judge gives him a 10"
Football game: 1st guy says "and that Seiman is all over the field." 2nd guy says "That sure makes for a sticky situation"
Johny Miller about Fred Funks short drives compared to the other guys. "Clink and Dink"

Any other good one?

Mojo23
Administrator

Panama
1860 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  11:19:48  Show Profile Send Mojo23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall any PJ, but I don't watch sports too often (except golf).

Go to Top of Page

Frank T

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  13:18:26  Show Profile Send Frank T a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Gents.. I have been reading and not responding for TOO long. This is topic that I just had to respond to. Try this one attributed to George Brett: "If a tie is like kissing your sister, then losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out"

Go to Top of Page

Mojo23
Administrator

Panama
1860 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  01:00:26  Show Profile Send Mojo23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome FrankT, thanks for responding.

Go to Top of Page

Frank T

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  11:16:54  Show Profile Send Frank T a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Mojo, I have been one of those people who've been a member of this forum for nearly a year and never really participated. But when Pipeline Joe started this thread I felt comfortable jumping in. So now that I've got two posts to my name I guess it's time for me to sprout some wings and get involved in some of the other topics! Allow me expand the whitty phrases to includes some whitty quotes: "The ardent golfer would play Mount Everest if somebody would put a flagstick on top of it" ...Pete Dye.

Go to Top of Page

Mojo23
Administrator

Panama
1860 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2003 :  18:09:35  Show Profile Send Mojo23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, FrankT. Maybe you will accept an invitation to be one of our future featured members. The next one in the hopper is Rayser, but email me if you are intersted and I will send you the questions.

Go to Top of Page

Frank T

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  09:38:11  Show Profile Send Frank T a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball, I did it in one afternoon on the golf course" ....Hank Aaron

Go to Top of Page

Pipelinejoe

USA
629 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  11:01:43  Show Profile Send Pipelinejoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Johnny Carson To Arnold Palmers wife:
"What do you do to give Arnold Luck before a tournament?"
Mrs Palmer: "I kiss his balls."
Johnny: "I bet that makes his putter stand!"

Go to Top of Page

birdieman

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  11:25:11  Show Profile Send birdieman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Biily Martin's reply to the question: "How does it feel to get beat by your best friend's son. He said: "Its like watching your Mother in Law go over a cliff in your new Cadallac"

Edited by - birdieman on 12/06/2003 11:26:08
Go to Top of Page

Scott_R
Administrator

USA
2277 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  12:52:07  Show Profile Send Scott_R a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pipelinejoe:

Johnny Carson To Arnold Palmers wife:
"What do you do to give Arnold Luck before a tournament?"
Mrs Palmer: "I kiss his balls."
Johnny: "I bet that makes his putter stand!"

wow, wasn't ready for that while drinking coffee!

GGA alumni

Scott R.
TGGS/GGA Marketing Director
scottr@swinglikemoe.com
Go to Top of Page

Frank T

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2003 :  12:55:38  Show Profile Send Frank T a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Golf and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them" ...Jimmy DeMaret, 1940 Masters Champ and author of the book "The Swing's The Thing"

Go to Top of Page

John F.

17 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  03:00:26  Show Profile Send John F. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From a local clubmaker while trimming a shaft:

"I cut it twice and it's still too short!"

Go to Top of Page

lwc

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  09:36:42  Show Profile Send lwc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Anything I want it to be. For instance, the hole right here is a par 47, and yesterday I birdied the sucker."

-Willie Nelson

(when asked what was par on a Texas golf course he owns)

Go to Top of Page

Pipelinejoe

USA
629 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  13:09:13  Show Profile Send Pipelinejoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday at The Target world Challenge, Mike Weir Hits a sand shot well over the back of the green comment was "He can touch em all on that one"

Go to Top of Page

Frank T

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  07:07:36  Show Profile Send Frank T a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I came across this quote from George Carlin. It's not really golf related but it's pretty good just the same, and you can relate it to just about anything!

"Most people don't know what they're doing, and a lot of them are really good at it"

Go to Top of Page

wey

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2003 :  10:37:52  Show Profile Send wey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sign in John Deere Salesroom:

"We stand behind all of our equipment except the manure spreader"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Swing Like Moe Golf Forum © Copyright 2002 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2